In this post we’ll share our favorite social media planning tools, our favorite places to find inspiration for content, and more tools to help maximize your efforts online. All of the tools listed below are FREE. Some offer subscriptions for more features, but we are only sharing tools that still have value in their free versions.
News and Articles
We like to ease into the work day with a strong cup of coffee, a quick check for urgent emails, and then we dive into our favorite websites while we wait for the caffeine to hit. We use the below websites to stay up-to-date on marketing news and our clients’ industries. We believe in sharing outside material for about one-third of posts, so here is where we find some of our outside content.
- Social Media Today: They share the latest news, trends, and tips in social media. We recommend subscribing to their newsletter to make sure you catch the most important updates.
- Social Media Examiner: Another great source for social media news! They release an annual social media report filled with so many helpful graphs. They also have a podcast that we listen to while working.
- Moz: Moz is more geared for SEO, but they offer great tips for promoting your content, and increasing your search engine page results.
- Medium: Medium is a great publishing platform to find industry related news, and to syndicate your content.
- Mix: We like to call this the Pinterest of interesting articles. You choose the topics your interested in viewing, and it creates a customized board of “pins” consisting of article snippets. We love using this a source to find articles to post on our clients’ pages, and to share our own content.
- Google Scholar: Nothing beats a scholarly peer-reviewed article.